Anxiety has our world in a tight grip and we struggle with it in so many different areas of our daily living. Was it meant to be like that? If we are bible believing it was not what God intended. The unthinkable happened. Sin entered and what was made perfect became broken by sin.
Anxiety and worry was introduced into the world because of sin. But my question is can what was once broken be healed? This is one verse that, in my opinion, contains a biblical principle for dealing with sin and sin’s destruction in our lives.
Proverbs 28:13. ”Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.” Please scroll down for a prayer to pray to renounce anxiety and worry
The following are some bible verses on anxiety and worry.
1. “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” ~ Psalm 56:3
2. Do not be anxious about anything, But in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~ Philippians 4:6-7
3. “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27
4. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7
5. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4:18
6. “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” ~ Psalm 94:19
7. “But now, this is what the Lord says…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” ~ Isaiah 43:1
8. “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” ~ Proverbs 12:25
9. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9
10. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~ Matthew 6:34
11. “Humble yourselves, then, under God’s mighty hand, so that he will lift you up in his own good time. Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.” ~ 1 Peter 5:6-7
12. “Tell everyone who is discouraged, Be strong and don’t be afraid! God is coming to your rescue…” ~ Isaiah 35:4
13. “Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?” ~ Luke 12:22-26
14. “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27:1
15. “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” ~ Psalm 55:22
16. “Immediately he spoke to them and said, ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’” ~ Mark 6:50
17. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” ~ Deuteronomy 31:6
18. “‘For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you,’ declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.” ~ Isaiah 41:13-14
19. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~ Psalm 46:1
20. “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper.” ~ Psalm 118:6-7
21. “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.” ~ Proverbs 29:25
God made each of us special. Yes, we may have been born with a physical or other health issues but no matter our birth disabilities, we are loved by God. Recognizing that you are loved by God and that You have received Jesus as your saviour, pray the following prayer and learn to love yourself for who you are. I will be writing an article about my daily victory over anxiety. I say daily because I have to daily commit my life to living a Christ centered life. Blessings in your life journey.
Renouncing anxiety… Lord, I come into your presence through Jesus my Lord and Saviour. Lord you are well aware that I have a problem with anxiety and many times it controls my life. My anxiety has caused depression and many people do not understand what I am going through. Lord, Anxiety controls my life. In Jesus’ name, I recognize that I need to deal with the root cause of anxiety so I renounce the sin of anxiety and bind it so that anxiety will not control my life. Thank you Lord for listening to my prayer and binding this sin from my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.
PSA thoughts. PSA Positive Spiritual Attitude
We were made in God’s image. Gen; 1;27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. James 5;9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. Link for further study…https://www.focusonthefamily.com/family-qa/what-it-means-to-be-made-in-the-image-of-god/
Jesus is my Saviour.
Jesus loves me I have cast all my cares and anxieties on Jesus.
I want the mind of Christ. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: link https://www.gotquestions.org/let-this-mind-be-in-you.html
Links to other websites that deal with anxiety and worry.